27 May 2009

First Pictures!

And now the moment you've all been waiting for...PICTURES!!!
Maybe not very good ones, but pictures nonetheless.  Enjoy!

This is the road I'm staying on...in one of the rare moments with no traffic.
I pass this everyday on the way to Prathunam Center.  Luckily I don't have to cross it.

This is one of many little shrines.  I'll show a picture of a spirit house later, but this is different.  There is a little statue of the god Ganesh inside.

I do have to walk through this, however.  Pretty much every sidewalk wider than three feet is full of stalls like this.

SarahFae:  How about this one?  This is one of the begger children I see every so often.  There are several beggers in the city.  I'll talk more about them later.

This is the front of Prathunam Center, where I help with an English class four days a week.  Right after I took this picture is when a nice lady came up and welcomed me to Thailand!

This is the class most days. The lady on the far left is the one who just became a Christian, and the lady next to her is the one who so kindly informed me of the interesting linguistics of shampoo.

Here's what I had for lunch at Big C!  Called Thai Style Noodles, I have no idea what's in it besides chicken, noodles, peanuts, onions, and about a dozen other things.  Not bad though.


Webster?!!!  Yeah, apparently they have a campus in Bangkok.  Who knew?

This is me riding a songtoa.  Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the songtao, but hopefully my expression accurately reflects my feelings toward them...I was VERY excited...apparently.

Well, there you have it.  Some pictures of what I've done so far.  I'll have more as soon as I can!  Thanks for reading!

10 comments:

  1. Yay! Thanks for the pics! Looovveee iitttt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Thanks for posting. Hoping and praying all is well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to see the Picture Taken being UsedMay 27, 2009 at 4:33 PM

    YAY for pictures! I LOVE THEM! So cool! I really enjoy the pink cars...ALOT! And I like the picture of you on the songtao...haha. Totally a Timothy picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha. Opps. I meant Picture Taker* not taken. haha...it must be time for me to leave work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! Thanks for getting them up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word!! I'm so excited that I finally got a chance to check out your blog. The pictures are amazing. Recently, all I can think about is that we're SO OLD!! I'm here in Chicago living with this family and working on my laptop in parks and coffee shops for the next week and you're there riding motorcycle taxis and eating freaking looking soup. I can hardly believe life right now. I'm so thankful you have a blog though. Stay strong. I miss you like crazy and am SO stinkin' proud of you. (Of course this is super long, but that's bc I didn't know if you would check anywhere else but here, and I'm a talker, we know that!) :]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Timothy, the pictures are awesome! And of course my favorite one is.....the one of you!
    My kids loved the pictures--they wanted me to tell you that.

    Keep the pics coming!
    Love you lots!
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked the pictures too. It makes me feel like you are not so far away. I've been printing them off and giving them to Marshall and Bev. They ask about you a lot. Grandpa said hi. Keep the blogs coming we like to read them. What you are eating did not look to good to me. But you have to eat something. Love you and praying Granny B

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy to see pictures! Now I can PICTURE where you are!

    I'm praying over your list for you too!

    (see you on sunday!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha...thanks everyone, glad you liked them and hopefully there'll be more soon!
    Katie: I love my new picture taker! haha And btw, the pink cars are taxis, but they are Toyota Corollas so maybe you could get one!
    Beth: I don't really see how eating freaky soup is a sign of age, but I get your point :) I miss you and am so excited for you! I haven't had a chance to watch that video yet, but keep me updated! (And how could I have expected any shorter a message?)
    Mom: Glad you all like them; there should be more soon!
    Granny B: Thanks for reading! And thanks for passing along the pictures. I hope everyone enjoys them. Hell Papa I said hi back. Yeah, some of the food is better than others, but there have been very few things that I just couldn't eat, so I'm doing okay! Thanks for your prayers; love you too!
    Kara: I finally fulfilled my promise for pictures! Now you can picture what it's like; sorta. lol. Thanks for the prayers! (see you Sunday ;)

    ReplyDelete