11 July 2009

Finally!!

Well, this has been the biggest gap in postings, and for that I apologize. I will try my best to bring you up to date.

My last week in Bangkok (don't worry, I'll be back for 2 more) was not too busy, really. I did prison ministry on Monday and Thursday and English at Prathunam the other days and all went as usual. I will really miss seeing those guys on Mondays.

I finally went up in Baiyoke Tower, the tallest building in Bangkok (there are pictures in older posts). It was fun to go there after having been here for a while because I could identify some familiar places from a different view. It was pretty cool even if it did cost 200 baht (6 USD). I also went to the flower market again. I will try to get pictures later. It is busiest at night, and I went in the afternoon. But there still was a lot going on. I still haven't been to ChinaTown, but maybe that will happen soon.

Last Saturday (the 4th) I flew to Chiang Mai where I have been for the last week. Chiang Mai is the 2nd largest city in Thailand. I could tell as soon as I got off the plane, however, how different it is than Bangkok. I'm not sure I could really identify the ways, but it's just different, a lot smaller of course. And it's really beautiful. It's quite a bit cooler, which is very much appreciated! And there are mountains basically surrounding the entire city.

I've been able to get away and see the Night Bazaar, but hopefully I'll be able to go see some more of Chiang Mai later. There is a wat on one of the mountains (there not really tall mountains, by the way); that would be great to see. Most of my time here has been spent preparing for and helping with a conference. Pray that everyone here will have renewal and leave refreshed and ready to serve. Also pray for a smooth transition for this new reorganization.

So, that's about it really. As busy as I've been, I've had a lot of fun and met a lot of new people. Thanks for reading even if there have been no updates for quite a while. Sorry there are no pictures, but hopefully I'll have some soon.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Timothy!!

    I'm so glad to see that you're enjoying the last few weeks of your time there!! Are you getting excited for Potosi? hahaha. Seems God has really been using you for awesome stuff over there. I leave in 23 days! Its getting pretty terrifying and crazy, but good. I'm off to camp again this week. Jr High this week. =]. I'm pumped. But haha I was doing the Timothy thing last night when I start breaking out into song...and I was like aww, I miss Timothy and our good times on duty together!! OMGOODNESS!! Good news!!! Dylan and Lily are engaged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 =] =] =] =] =] =] They got engaged about a week ago. I screamed at Lily on the phone when she told me. They're planning on the wedding next summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for rubbing it in again that you went to the flower market...we still don't even have a picture! ha I'm glad you're getting some cooler weather...what is the avg temperature in Bangkok? Do they have seasons like we do? Can't wait to see you in 3 weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie: That's great!!! Be sure to tell Dylan and Lily congratulations for me! I'm so excited. Ha! Potosi is no where on my radar! I don't even want to think about it and probably won't until I'm headed there. 23 days?! You are gonna have a great time. Remember that there is no better place to be than in the center of God's will. Good to hear from you and have fun at camp!
    SarahFae: I will try to get some pics of the flower market, we'll see! The average temp in Bangkok this time of year is probably mid 90s F (ranging from high 80s-100+, but VERY humid). The seasons are cool (Nov-Feb) it gets down to upper 70s), hot season (Mar-Apr, hot and drier), and rainy (May-Oct). Rainy season really lives up to its name. The joke is that Bangkok has 3 seasons: hot, hotter, and hottest.
    Can't wait to see you either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Timothy!! Oh my gosh!!!! (First, guess who this is.. ha!) Anyways, I'm sorry in advance because the first two parts are all about me. Anyways, I was in Chinatown in Chicago last night for a late midnight dinner! You said Chinatown and I thought of it. After going to an amazing performance at an outdoor theater by the Chicago Symphony Orchestra we stopped by Chinatown in which Alli and I were the only white girls. haha. AMAZING. AND!!!! I'm moving in with an Asian family this afternoon too!! I'm practically living your life right now! Man. I'm so crazy proud of you. And I can't wait to see you. I'm sad we missed our SKYPE date, but you're forgiven. And when are you back? When will I see you and hear all about this? And we can eat Thai food! (I had it the other day, did I tell you?!) Wow. Hold strong. You're one of my favorite people and You've got this! Go you!! :p

    PS Was my code name Susan? And what was yours?!

    ReplyDelete